VHR were delighted to host our latest event – Inside the Red Arrows with Former Deputy Leader Dominic Riley – for business leaders last night.
On Wednesday 10th October 2018 VHR hosted our latest event to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Royal Air Force. Former Deputy Leader of the Red Arrows Dominic Riley provided an exclusive look into life in the Red Arrows, revealing the nail-biting moments and leadership practices that build the best fighter pilots and successful teams.
The evening began with an introduction from VHR’s CEO Danny Brooks (recently voted Global Director of the Year by the IoD) who summarised the recent activities that led to VHR winning the Queen’s Award for International Trade earlier this year.
Drinks and canapes were served throughout as Former Squadron Leader Dominic discussed a variety of fascinating topics including:
- How the Red Arrows’ planes are adapted from fighter jets
- The gruelling training routines of the Red Arrows
- The most thrilling and challenging moments of a life spent in the air
- The secrets to the perfect aerobatic display
Quotes from attendees include:
- ‘An unusually interesting speaker and topic that attracted a diverse and engaged audience.’
- ‘Great host and atmosphere.’
- ‘Firstly, an outstanding speaker, showcasing an incredible career in Aviation. The venue was centrally located and comfortable, and the VHR team were friendly and welcoming. My only disappointment was having to leave immediately after the speech to catch a train. Well done VHR!’
VHR are proud to celebrate amazing people doing amazing things, and this year’s Inside the Red Arrows event was our most exciting yet. We would like to thank our speaker Dominic and all our guests for a thoroughly enjoyable evening, and we hope to see you all again soon.
Stay tuned for our next event and keep up to date with the latest industry news.
Find out more about VHR’s award-winning recruitment services – let us give you a call: