On 20thSeptember 2019, VHR celebrated the end of our financial year with an annual conference and summer party.
2018-2019: A Year of Recruitment Success at VHR
Running from 1stOctober 2018 to 30thSeptember 2019, VHR’s sixteenth financial year saw us celebrate a variety of successes. We established new and strengthened existing client partnerships, expanding our international presence and reaching more talent pools than ever before.
· New Offices – In the past year we opened new offices in Ireland and Spain.
· Award Wins – We achieved 16 Award wins, including two Recruiter Awards, a Global Recruiter Award and an accolade from the Institute of Directors (IoD).
· Reached 90 people – In the past two years the VHR team has grown by 50%, from 60 to 90 employees across the globe.
· LinkedIn – In the past year we grew to 47,000 LinkedIn followers, meaning our social audience has grown by an unprecedented 106% in two years.
· All our team have worked hard to deliver the best services this year, with 9 of our recruitment consultants achieving over 200% of their annual targets.
· We enjoyed a record-breaking January and February with a new highest monthly volume of contractor placements.
· Aerospace & Aviation – VHR have been listed as a preferred supplier for a large global airline and British Aerospace manufacturer.
· F1 & Automotive – Continued our partnership with a European Formula One team for the 11thyear, having placed 800 permanent and contract staff there in total.
· Marine – Established new partnership with an America’s Cup team.
· Fair Labour Alliance – VHR were proud to launch the Fair Labour Alliance, an initiative promoting ethical recruitment and labour practices across the world, alongside the UK Department for International Development, King’s College London and FSI Worldwide.
· Youth Employment UK – We were delighted to announce our new CSR partnership with Youth Employment UK, a not-for-profit organisation aiming to reduce youth unemployment and provide rewarding careers for young people of all backgrounds.
VHR’s Learning & Development focus ensures we recognise and reward the excellent performances of all our staff, across offices and departments. In the past financial year, 27% of staff were promoted from October last year until now. Those promoted include:
· Azem Hoti – European Account Manager
· Jai Popat – Head of HR & Recruitment
· Danny Brier – Business Development Manager
· George Wardroper – Account Executive
· Alex Perez – twice promoted, from Academy Graduate to Account Executive
· Sthefany Franco – Academy Graduate to Delivery Executive
Growing Our Team: New Recruitment Consultants and Support Staff
We welcomed new team members:
· Jenna Beard – Sales Manager with over a decade of experience recruiting for the Aerospace & Aviation industry
· Maxwell Davies – Account Executive specialising in Defence staffing services
· James Howell – Account Executive focusing on the Aerospace industry
· Barney Topping – Account Support Manager building strong relationships with Aviation and Automotive contractors.
· Learning & Development Manager – In November 2018 VHR hired a second in-house L&D Coach to help all our employees fulfil their potential and continually provide the best possible services.
· 2 new Academies – In 2018 we created the first VHR Academy: a bespoke training programme to transform eight inexperienced at a time into skilled, knowledgeable recruitment consultants. This year we successfully launched the second and third Academies and welcomed new talent into our business.
· Sales Trip – As a thank you for our employees’ hard work, dedication and excellent performance, VHR offer an annual trip for our best-performing technical recruitment consultants and support staff. In December 2018 VHR’s CEO Danny Brooks flew 12 of the VHR team to New York.
· Personal Development Plans – Every one of our employees across functions and levels has a plan tailored to their career goals that will help them increase their specialist skills, knowledge and experience.
· Management Training Programme – Our dedicated Learning & Development team created and launched a bespoke in-house training programme to help our managers across departments continue to support and develop our employees.
Aims for next year
VHR continually strive to provide the best recruitment services for all clients and candidates around the world. In our financial year 2019-2020 we aim to achieve this by:
· Growing to 100 people
· Expanding internationally, with a focus on extending our presence and capabilities across the Middle East and Asia
· Opening more offices to facilitate close communication for our clients
· Supporting exciting new client projects
· Delivering 2 new Academies to find and develop the recruitment consultants of tomorrow.
Find out more about our award-winning staffing solutions.
What’s it like to work at VHR? Read about our 21 employee benefits.