2019 marked VHR’s sixteenth year of business. As the year – and the decade – draws to a close, we look back on the successes of the past 12 months.
Here are some of our highlights from the past year:
· We incorporated in three new countries and opened three new offices in Dublin (Ireland), Leipzig (Germany) and Nicosia (Cyprus). Regardless of the UK’s future relationship with the EU after Brexit, our European offices enable VHR to continue providing high quality recruitment services across Europe and worldwide
· We were listed in the London Stock Exchange 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019
· We grew to 90 employees
· Our team broke contract placement records two months in a row
· Our LinkedIn network skyrocketed to 50,000 Followers – almost doubling our entire social media audience in 12 months
· We were proud to help businesses in over 50 countries across 5 continents.
· We received two titles at the annual Recruiter Awards – Best Engineering Recruitment Company & Best International Recruitment Company
· Our very own Azem Hoti won in the Global Recruiter Awards as Best Temporary Recruitment Consultant 2019
· Our COO Paul Robinson was named International Director of the Year at the Institute of Directors’ Awards (IoD)
· VHR’s CEO and Founder Danny Brooks was named Best Entrepreneur at the Talint Awards (formerly Recruitment International)
· Danny was once again voted Business Leader of the Year at the Institute of Recruitment Professionals (IRP) Awards
· … And we won 12 more!
· Our annual industry leadership and networking event, Surviving Formula One, featured F1 Driver Martin Donnelly who spoke about the thrills and dangers of a Motorsport career
· We exhibited at the Dubai Air Show for the fourth consecutive year and at the Monaco Yacht Show for the first time
· Our recruiters travelled the world attending tradeshows and industry events including MRO Middle East, JEC World, Paris Space Week, Aircraft Interiors Expo, Lendy Cowes Week, Palma Boat Show and MRO Europe.
· The last year saw us welcome 23 employees across business development and support functions
· We launched the third VHR Academy to train up inexperienced individuals into successful recruiters
· We promoted 15 staff members across departments and levels of seniority, in recognition of their hard work, dedication and success
· 16 VHR employees enjoyed the High Performers’ Holiday in Boston
· We celebrated at our annual Summer Party and Christmas Party
· We highlighted team achievements at 12 Dress Down Fridays
· Personal Development Plans were introduced to help each and every employee maximise their full potential.
· We baked for Macmillan Cancer Support in the annual Bake Off and Coffee Morning
· Our consultants provided young people with careers advice at Year 8 School Career Day
· We dressed up and donated for Loud Shirt Day
· Danny Brooks cycled the Cape Argus and Captain’s Ride Races for children with rare diseases
· We announced our new CSR partnership with Youth Employment UK: a not-for-profit organisation set up to help young people work towards fulfilling careers
· We co-founded the Fair Labour Alliance: a new initiative to work in partnership with business leaders to introduce ethical recruitment and working practices into their supply chains.
· In 2019 we found over 1,500 new jobs for permanent and contract candidates
· We helped over 200 clients
· VHR grew to a £36million turnover.
For over 16 years VHR has been proud to partner large global businesses and SMEs across Aerospace & Aviation, F1 & Automotive, Engineering & Defence and Marine all over the world. We are passionate about the industries where we operate, the business-critical and life-changing support we provide, and the people we work with.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank each of our clients, candidates and employees: we look forward to working with you and anticipate ever-growing success in 2020 and beyond.