VHR are delighted to announce that our Founder & CEO, Danny Brooks, has won an Award from the Institute of Recruitment Professionals (IRP).
The IRP Awards serve to celebrate best practice and professional excellence of the highest-achieving staffing professionals and organisations.
Danny was named Business Leader of the Year at the IRP Awards 2019. This title recognises inspiring individuals who:
· Achieve excellent company growth and success
· Provide exceptional customer services
· Set and maintain high standard for recruitment practices
· Create a positive, nurturing and fulfilling environment for all employees.
Last year, VHR won the title of Best Company to Work for at the IRP Awards 2018 for our unique training programmes, 21 employee benefits and industry-leading Learning & Development programmes. Find out what makes VHR a great place to work.
In April 2003 Danny launched VHR.
Danny’s vision involved creating a partner-orientated recruitment organisation that acts as an extension of client HR departments. This approach gives VHR a true understanding of client business and culture, enabling us to grow along with our clients.
VHR’s decade-long client partnerships now include two global airlines and a European Formula One team, and Danny’s very first client is still a client today, 16 years later.
Danny’s perseverance, innovative mindset and, strong relationship-building abilities have grown VHR into a 90-employee company achieving an annual turnover of £36million.
In 2018 Danny was chosen as Global Director of the Year by the Institute of Directors (IoD) for his to decades of recruitment excellence and VHR’s fifteen years of international success.
In the past year Danny’s and VHR’s achievements include:
· International Expansion – Opening three new offices: Dublin, Leipzig and Cyprus, with plans to open our tenth global office in January 2020
· Royal Recognition – Receiving the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade
· Rapid Business Growth – Ranking at number seventy-two in the annual Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 2018
· Ethical Partnerships – Co-founding the Fair Labour Alliance: an international initiative that aims to help global businesses implement ethical recruitment and fair working practices across their supply chains, supported by the UK Department for International Trade.
· VHR Academy – Launching a bespoke training programme that has transformed over 20 inexperienced individuals into recruitment consultants
· CSR – Raising over £12,000 for a variety of charities and launching our new charitable partnership with Youth Employment UK.
REC chief executive Neil Carberry said:
“In uncertain times, brilliant recruiters set themselves apart. The IRP Awards recognise this – being shortlisted for the IRP Awards is a huge achievement in itself and a cause for celebration, well done to you all! To those of you who have made it into the winner’s hall of fame, congratulations!
“The skill and professionalism shown by our winners are at the heart of our economy – since our tenth anniversary party last year, many politicians have told me that they understand how important recruiters are to the prosperity of the whole UK.”
Discover more about VHR’s award-winning staffing services.
Read our latest news.