VHR are delighted to announce that we have been named as Finalists in two categories of the FSB Celebrating Small Business Awards.
The annual awards recognise the significant economic and employment contribution of small-to-medium businesses (SMEs) to the UK. The programme celebrates Britain’s small businesses and aim to highlight the efforts and achievements of each and every person, company or family that owns, runs or works in an SME.
The awards aim to promote the talent, innovation and dedication of SME leaders and employees to a national and global audience.
VHR are shortlisted for the following award categories:
· International Business of the Year
· High Growth Business of the Year.
This category recognises businesses that can demonstrate how working internationally has benefited their business profitability, growth and strategy. Each shortlisted organisation will have an innovative approach to establishing and entering new international markets, and have evidenced long-term sustainable business success overseas.
For over 16 years VHR has been proud to partner leading international businesses across the Aerospace & Aviation, F1 & Automotive, Engineering & Defence and Marine industries, and we now work in 52 countries around the world. Our team of 90 employees originate from over 20 different nationalities and they collectively speak 24 languages, enabling us to work closely with business leaders and candidates around the world.
The International Labour Organisation estimates that 40.3 million people worldwide are currently working under conditions of modern slavery. VHR are a prominent ethical recruitment company, and our services are built on the international Dhaka Principles to protect candidates throughout the recruitment process and all the way through their work placements. By going the extra mile for every client and candidate, VHR are striving to raise the standards of global recruitment.
This award recognises great employers that shape inspiring workplaces for the benefit of businesses, customers and employees alike. Shortlisted entrants invest in keeping their teams at the cutting edge of skills and knowledge, providing fantastic benefits and delivering excellent staff.
VHR is led by industry experts including former Formula 2 driver, America’s Cup sailor and British Airways technician, who truly understand their markets. In 2019 VHR increased turnover by £3.3million (10%) and gross margin by 7%, opened four international offices and launched a revolutionary training programme to build talent as well as recruit it. In 2018 VHR received the Queen’s Award for International Trade and VHR’s CEO Danny Brooks was named Global Director of the Year by the Institute of Directors.
This category recognises businesses that have enjoyed exceptional growth in sales, profit, market share and employment. Judges will be looking for an organisation that can demonstrate the highest levels of growth with a strong plan for sustainable financial performance through a robust vision and growth strategy.
VHR’s sustainable business successes include:
· Featuring in the London Stock Exchange 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019
· Expanding to 90 employees (from 60 in 2017 – a 50% growth rate)
· Continuing decade-long partnerships with a European Formula One team and three global airlines
· Raising over £25,000 for multiple charities in two years
· Finding over 1,500 new jobs for permanent and contract candidates every year.
In the past two years VHR has won 37 Awards including:
· IoD – Our CEO Danny Brooks was voted Global Director of the Year by the Institute of Directors in 2018 and our COO Paul Robinson was named the IoD’s SME Director of the Year in 2019
· Recruiter Awards – VHR received two Recruiter Awards trophies for the titles of International Recruitment Company of the Year and Engineering Recruitment Company of the Year in 2019
· SME National Business Awards – VHR’s CEO and Founder Danny Brooks was voted Best Entrepreneur and VHR was named Best Enterprising Business in the 2019 Awards.
VHR are passionate about the industries we work in and the people with whom we work. We are delighted to have been shortlisted for the FSB Awards and look forward to attending the Awards ceremony later this year.
Find out more about VHR’s contract and permanent recruitment solutions.