VHR’s technical recruiters are looking for experienced Tooling Design Engineers to work for an Automotive business in the UK.
The Tooling Design Engineers will work within High Performance Battery facilities with responsibility for the design of specialised tooling and fixtures for the assembly and build of specialised high voltage battery packs.
- Conceptual detailed design of metallic and composite parts and assemblies
- Liaise with other technical groups and suppliers
- Design test equipment
- Integrate proprietary electrical hardware into assemblies and rigs
- Organise and manage tooling testing and evaluation
- Recommend improvements.
- Metallic component and plastic moulding design experience
- Fundamental mechanical design knowledge including best practices for machining, fixings, sealed junctions, fabrication and surface treatments
- Ability to create designs from schemes through to completed part drawings
- Familiarity with CAD packages
- Expertise in GD&T and international standards BS, EN, ISO, ANSI, JIS
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent desirable
- Previous ESS or high-powered electrical system design experience would be beneficial
- Ability to live and work in the UK.
VHR welcomes applicants from all nationalities, backgrounds and locations all over the world, but applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
- ASAP Start
- £30 - £35 per hour rate
- Work in the UK
How to Apply
If you would like to enquire about or apply for the Tooling Design Engineer positions, please contact recruitment specialist Maxwell Davies at Maxwell.Davies@v-hr.com.
VHR are proud to be an ethical recruitment agency. We strive to improve the working lives of every permanent and contract worker. Our services are built on the Dhaka Principles to provide all workers with good working practices, high quality accommodation, close communication and support.
Want to find the right job for you? Read our 5 Top Tips to Writing Your CV.
View and apply for all our technical and engineering roles.