A Formula 1 team requires an experienced aerodynamics Model Design Engineer to join the Model Shop Department on a permanent basis.
Based in Oxfordshire, this is a highly challenging but rewarding opportunity to play a vital role within one of the most prestigious names in Motorsport.
The Model Design Engineer will operate within a technology-leading environment, working in a Formula 1 wind tunnel with highly complex and advanced Formula One models and their related modelling and test systems whilst reporting to the model shop department.
· Assembling and maintenance of the scale models in the wind tunnel and model shop
· Conducting changes to the Wind tunnel
· Attending the wind tunnel tests.
Flexible working hours are required due to the fast-paced and constantly changing world of Motorsport – shift patterns will from time to time require nightshift work.
· Experience working in Automotive, Motorsport or F1
· Good computer literacy
· High attention to detail
· Sound knowledge of electronic and mechanical systems
· Communication skills across department functions and levels
· Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
· F1 wind tunnel experience would be ideal
· Ability to live and work in the UK.
VHR welcomes applicants from all nationalities, backgrounds and locations all over the world, but applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
· Competitive salary
· Shift compensation
· Annual leave entitlement
· Career progression.
For further information and to discuss salary and package, please contact our technical recruitment specialist Alex Fuller Alex.Fuller@v-hr.com.
Want to find the right job for you? Discover 8 Ways to Shake up Your Career in 2020.
View and apply for all our Engineering roles.