VHR are currently recruiting for a Head of Vehicle Dynamics to join a Formula One team.
The successful candidate will lead the vehicle dynamics team. The role will involve developing the team’s understanding of chassis dynamics and guiding development and design to achieve optimum car performance.
Main duties will involve:
· Managing of the vehicle dynamics team
· Managing and delivering all departmental testing, modelling & analysis
· Managing all simulator, dyno and rig test activities to optimise vehicle performance
· Operation room (remote garage) leadership
· Vehicle dynamics support during race, tests and simulator events.
The role is based in Italy.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Proven competences in vehicle dynamics associated with a professional motor racing constructor
· Familiarity with motorsport management and development
· Understanding of power unit optimization and formulation of models using dyno and track data
· Understanding of brake system physics and optimization including interaction with brake-by-wire systems
· Understanding of suspension definition and optimization including ride performance, interaction with vehicle platform control and balance and tyre optimization
· Experience in analysing competition vehicle performance.
· Experience of analysis tool and model development using Dymola & Matlab / Simulink
· Experience of simulator, dyno and test rig activity
· Ability to live and work in Europe.
VHR welcomes applicants from all nationalities, backgrounds and locations all over the world, but applicants must have the right to live and work in Europe.
· Competitive salary
· Annual leave entitlement
· Career progression
· The opportunity to work with a world-renowned F1 team
· Working in Italy.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to our Motorsport Recruitment Specialist Alex Fuller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to find the right job for you? Discover 8 Ways to Advance Your Engineering Career in 2020.
View and apply for all our Automotive & Motorsport Jobs.