VHR is currently looking for a Trade Compliance Analyst for a permanent position located in Leatherhead, UK.
As a member of the Trade Compliance team you will be responsible for helping to ensure that the Company remains fully compliant with all export and import laws and regulations applicable to the Company’s purchases and sales of aircraft parts.
- Be dedicated to trade compliance.
- Participate fully in Company’s training program to learn the rules applicable in the United States, the United Kingdom, and throughout Europe.
- Assist team with assigning the proper classification numbers to aircraft and engine parts.
- Assist team with obtaining information about customers and ensuring they are cleared for receipt of parts.
- Work closely with the Company’s sales and logistics teams to clear shipment of required parts to customers, sometimes on an urgent basis after hours or on weekends as needed.
- Ensure highly productive relationships and partnerships internally and externally for the benefit of the organization.
- Set goals and evaluate results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives and requirements are met.
- Impeccable integrity, trustworthiness, and confidentiality
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Orientation towards analysis and fact-based decision making.
- Sense of personal responsibility to work independently and under time pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in a group.
- Effective at coordinating efforts across a culturally diverse organization.
- Must be able to make good business decisions under pressure.
- Willing to work on complex transactions and monitor and enforce trade compliance regulations in a quick-paced environment
- Experience with export controls and ITAR a plus but not required
- Experience with aircraft and engine parts and nomenclature a plus but not required
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Outlook) and Internet research.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Passion for learning – promotes an environment of lifelong learning through endorsement of leadership development and employee training programs.
- Analytics – incumbent synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations.
- Quality management – the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment – the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions that are in the best interest of the Company.
- Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Teamwork – Continually promotes an environment where individuals work together to accomplish Company goals and solve day-to-day issues.
For more information email Sarah.Aiken@v-hr.com or Apply Now!