VHR is currently looking for an experience Aviation Stores Person for a Stores Supervisor role based at Bournemouth Airport.
Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manger the Stores Supervisor shall be responsible for the control of the Bournemouth Warehouse and its associated tasks including (but not exclusively to) the daily management of warehouse staff, part storage and distribution, core and owe back returns and the maintenance, calibration and supply of tooling to the engineering workforce including vehicles to Part 145 organisation, its outstations and its associated engineering teams.
The Stores Supervisor will conduct themselves in professional manner responding to the business requirements of the group in an effective and efficient manner. You will be proactive in warehousing protocol, part accountability and stock rotation. Remain flexible in their approach to work aiding with workload peaks when required.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- The management of warehouse staff including sickness, holiday and annual reporting.
- The management and completion of all warehouse administrative tasks inclusive of monitoring shelf life items, stock rotation, calibration of tooling and tyre rotation. Including daily, weekly and monthly checks as required to maintain the facility/warehouse iaw CAA, FAA & EASA regulations. Ensuring the warehouse is kept clean, tidy and as efficient as possible.
- The management and completion of all stock receipts and goods in processing in accordance aircraft regulations by ensuring parts are received in the correct condition and regulatory paperwork requirements are met. In addition, ensuring the correct storage and distribution of all components, parts, materials and tools in-line with OEM recommendations and EASA/FAA regulations.
- The physical selection of. and completion of stock/tooling issues to meet the needs of the engineering workforce and the subsequent recording of all part transactions using the companies MRO system to ensure audit-able and quality processes are met and maintained and the prompt management of all off core and owe backs from the maintenance hangar and processing them back through the supply chain to the appropriate vendors and 3rd party suppliers on time avoiding penalty clauses.
- Act as the focal point for all subject matter knowledge relating to DG to the Base Maintenance & Supply Chain Logistics managers. In addition, hold an approved Dangerous Goods qualification for ADR & IATA and ensure all consignment of Dangerous Goods (DG) to and from vendors/outstations are iaw with these regulations.
- Monitoring of outstation stores to ensure dispatched items have been received and are logged on the inventory/asset management system and subsequently recording any issues and Receipts at these locations retrospectively as required.
- Aiding the Supply Chain where it is most needed with a hands on approach to counter service, tool control and part issue to ensure the facility runs smoothly and prioritised as required. Including the organisation, collection and delivery of freight as and when required and as directed by the Supply Chain and Engineering manager.
- Manage, control and take-part in a rotational working weekend covering all warehouse disciplines in support of the Part 145 and Part 21.
Skills and Experience
- Aviation warehousing experience essential with an excellent knowledge of warehousing protocol and practices
- Essential knowledge of EASA and FAA warehousing regulations and part release paperwork.
- Computer literate and can produce/interpret excel documents for the dissemination of information.
- Qualified in Dangerous Goods (DG), hold a driving licence and forklift licence (will be provided if needed)
- Have the ability to write new process and procedures and to follow instructions efficiently.
- Flexibility in supporting the business
Depending on experience
Monday- Friday + 1 rostered weekend (usually 1 in every 4)
In order to apply please submit your CV through this job board or contact Sarah in the London office at Sarah.Aiken@v-hr.com.