VHR are looking for a Senior Electronics Engineer to help our client develop new electronic designs to keep the product range relevant to current market demands. You will be responsible to Specify and design power delivery for RF plasma generation and control. Carry out and facilitate prototype construction and proving.
- Plan and manage development project activities. Record and disseminate results clearly and appropriately
- Support other teams with problem solving and new product training.
- Network with the wider technical community and contribute to the product road map to keep us at the leading edge of relevant technology. This may involve occasional travel to exhibitions and conferences.
- Support the sales team by refining customer specifications and supporting special quotations
- Work with the service and operational teams to resolve escalated technical problems. This may involve occasional travel to global customer sites or equipment suppliers.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably required by the Company.
- All employees have a personal responsibility for their own health and safety and for that of others who may be affected by their actions and behaviour.
- Honours degree in electrical/electronic engineering, or relevant degree plus proven track record in electronic design. Lower qualifications considered with strong relevant experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience of product development preferably in a similar work environment
- Proven experience in role in which you owned and delivered a tangible product development or research project
- Very fluent English
- Desirable: Experience in solving EMC issues or working with RF power matching
- Self-motivated to achieve challenging technical goals in defined time scales. A professional approach to working independently and managing your own time
- A balanced practical/experimental and theoretical approach to product development. Thorough attention to detail and high technical integrity.
- Takes clear ownership of issues
- The influencing skills to motivate others with conflicting interests to deliver the work you need to meet project timescales.
- Good lateral thinking skills for identifying opportunities for innovation
- Focused on providing an excellent customer experience.
- Good diagnostic skills and problem solving abilities. Positive and enthusiastic attitude to technical challenges, and flexibility to cope effectively with changes to specifications or priorities.
- Team player who makes the best use of the contributions that can be made by others, and has the ability to work constructively with others.
- Excellent written and oral communication, especially presentation skills and technical report writing.
- Willingness to travel.
In addition to a competitive starting salary, our client also offers structured career development opportunities, a good work-life balance, private healthcare, a share incentive plan, 25 days annual leave, early finish on on Fridays, a defined contribution Group Personal Pension Plan, and a flexible benefits package that you can tailor to your own requirements.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply with your updated CV or email email@example.com.