VHR has a new and exciting position available for an experienced Sales Account Manager who has a background in aircraft component sale and distribution
This permanent opportunity is working for a key player within the aerospace sector who offer services such as asset management, disassembly services and component sales. Due to expansions and healthy growth within the company, they are now looking for a Sales Account Manager to join their team in Horsham, West Sussex.
Description & Responsibilities
Sales Account Managers are ultimately responsible for marketing and selling aviation component inventory to customers around the world in a timely manner. This includes the growth and development of the customer base, to include airlines, MRO’s, and other companies in the business of buying & selling aircraft components.
The team operates under a “people to people” business model where relationships and customer service set them apart from other companies in the industry.
These responsibilities include:
- Establish and grow relationships with customers to achieve all goals set forth for those accounts, keeping customer service the priority
- Meet monthly and quarterly sales goals
- Support outside sales with customer data and quote history
- Receive RFQ, customers inquiries
- Provide customers with quotes, follow up on quotes
- Negotiate Sales price to close sale
- Maintain contact with customers to develop further business
- Attend morning meeting with other Sales Department Operations to coordinate daily activity Assist Credit and Collection Manager in obtaining payments
- Identify customer requirements, issues, and needs, find a solution for those requirements, and see the solution through to completion
- Use creativity to improve the current sales process, focus on constant improvement
- Generate phone calls to further build relationships with new customers
- Identify new customers and opportunities to include both airlines and other aviation companies interested in purchasing aviation components
- Achieve all sales goals, both monthly and annual
- Report back results to the management team by collecting, analyzing and summarizing sales activity and information
- Maintain professional & technical knowledge by attending company training events, industry workshops, and
following industry news & publications to stay current on the state of aviation and trends in the industry
Candidates should possess the following:
- University education. Aviation focus, minimum level Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Technical background and experience in records trace for aircraft, engines, and major components preferred.
- Sales background – Component Sales and aviation experience is preferred, know how to foster and close a sale.
- Aviation industry contracts preferred or a history for establishing and building relationships with contacts & companies.
- Understanding (or ability/willingness to learn) products & services, including trends in the aviation industry
- International sales experience and knowledge of global cultures.
Relationship building, emphasizing excellence, maintain a high energy level, negotiation, prospecting skills, meeting sales goals, creativity, sales planning, independence, motivation for sales, customer service, self-confidence required
Salary & Hours
- 40-50k per annum
- Monday- Friday