A new position has currently arisen for a purchasing assistant to work with a fabrications company in a booming industry, with customers across the globe! As the successful purchasing assistant you will be responsible for the placement of purchase orders and expediting of indirect materials & services & some direct materials.
- Permanent position
- Bonus and health scheme
- Maintain and expedite purchase orders for all indirect & some direct materials/services to ensure an effective but lean material stock level is maintained, without disruption to the internal manufacturing processes;
- Work in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager to communicate thoroughly and effectively through all business functions delivery dates for all indirect and some direct materials.
- Responsible for the receipting of materials from suppliers and the filing of the relevant documentation
- GCSE grades including Maths and English grade C or above
- Business Administration to level 3, or equivalent
- Familiarity with MRP/ERP systems
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft suite of applications.
- Commercial experience within a purchasing office
- Experience in problem solving;
- Computer Literate –working knowledge of all Microsoft packages: Word, Excel, Access
Due to a high volume of applications, VHR regrets that we cannot respond to all individual job applicants. We will contact all successful candidates within one week. If you are unsuccessful this time, please do continue to apply for other jobs that match your skill set and experience.