Role: Programme Manager – Turret Weapons Simulator
VHR’s client is looking for an experienced Programme Manager to develop and oversee the execution of an Integrated Master Schedule relating to the study, development and industrialisation of a state-of-the-art Turret Weapon System Simulator. To be successful you will need to interface directly with customer’s technical, contracts, and management personnel and achieve technical performance and time-to-client requirements.
Your main responsibilities
- Coordinate all activities, to include support proposal preparation, initial kick-off meetings, detailed task and milestone scheduling, team coordination, and financial tracking and management.
- Summarise the contractual requirements and communicate them internally and/or to suppliers through drafting of technical specifications of requirements, acceptance conditions and program of qualification.
- Participate, with the design department, in the studies, development and industrialisation of the simulators.
- Consider and evaluate the logistical aspects during the development and industrialisation stages of such systems (documentation, training, spare parts, tools, obsolescence, assistance)
- Act as main point-of-contact with the customer in support of all program requirements.
- Lead a cross-functional product development team with a wide range of skill sets, ensuring roles and responsibilities of all team members (Commercial, BE, Product Support, Purchasing, Quality, Partners, Suppliers) are coordinated and executed in order to ensure program success.
- Maintain status reports of programs and customer commitments (technical & financial reports).
- Drive compliance to technical performance, schedule and cost metrics.
- Provide support to the sales department as part of the development of the simulator activity for other potential customers.
All candidates that have experience within a Simulator programme, from any industry (Aerospace / Defence) are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information regarding this opportunity please contact Maxwell Davies on Maxwell.Davies@v-hr.com or call him on +44 (0) 2077400042.