Production Engineering / Continuous Improvement Manager
Salary: up to £52,000 (dependant on experience)
VHR’s client is one of the largest manufacturers of special purpose machinery in Europe. They specialise in compact, low weight articulating booms that offer maximum performance with minimal environmental impact. Using advanced 3D modelling software, they produce and manufacture some of the most cutting-edge products available on the market today.
- Support all Production Engineering related actions generated through the Stakeholder meeting process.
- Take responsibility for the hands-on analysis, problem solving and improvement of all production processes, methods and engineering specifications.
- Manage the development and implementation of ISO 45001 Health & Safety Management System to achieve and maintain accreditation
- To structure, manage, coach and audit the Production Engineering team through the deployment of LEAN management principles, to address part and process issues and reduces costs. Application of standardised problem resolution tools to define problem root cause and appropriate deployment of preventative actions
- Improve LEAN Manufacturing knowledge across the site through training, mentoring and the deployment of LEAN techniques in all Production Engineering activities
- To manage, mentor and coach the Production Engineering Team, through structured, defined and agreed standards / procedures with clear planned versus target management and support and Ensure internal company standards and procedures are developed, audited and complied with.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent capability with Kaizen/LEAN/Six Sigma problem resolution techniques
- Excellent understanding of Manufacturing Process: Welding, Machining, Bending and Finishing (Paint)
- Understanding of MRP / Manufacturing Systems and QM Modules and/or willingness to undertake specific training and development in this area
To apply for the role, send your CV to VHR’s recruitment expert Maxwell.Davies@v-hr.com.