To ensure efficient and effective CNC machining operations across all facilities, identifying and acting upon improvement opportunities.
Core Actions/Area of Responsibility
Manage and lead teams to achieve realisation of the company’s production outcomes, with a focus on:
Production Scheduling and Capacity
- Schedule, track and report day-to-day machining operations based on production priorities and overall plans.
- Elaborate detailed workflow plans based on finite machining capacity.
- Optimise factory layout.
- Establish machining production flow.
- Produce and maintain standard documentation in accordance with the company’s Quality Management Plan.
- Produce and maintain work instructions and standard procedures.
- Review and approve DFM drawings and CAD models.
- Provide engineering support to production functions by designing and manufacturing tools, machine components, jigs and fixtures.
- Prepare specification for procurement of materials, consumables and equipment.
- Utilise CAD software to perform engineering tasks.
- Utilise CAM software at a high level.
- Estimate labour, material and processing costs.
- Lead the development of machining methods and strategies to promote efficient and effective operations.
- Develop and implement machine maintenance plans based on prevention, breakdown response and calibration actions.
- Write, test and deploy software/scripting solutions to automate CAM functions.
- Complete production reports.
- Ensure full utilisation of people, material and machinery.
- Implement cost-reduction programmes.
- Estimate and fulfil manpower needs.
- Recruit skilled personnel and develop an effective leadership structure inside the department.
- Track and report material consumption.
- Support project tendering and bidding with machining estimations.
- Coach team members to performance excellence.
- Establish clear objectives and direction.
- Cultivate a culture of “first time right”.
- Facilitate and promote open and respectful dialogue inside the team.
Legal Obligations, Compliance & Risk Management
- Ensure personnel operates within H&S regulations.
- Ensure the function has the required processes and policies to comply with legal requirements and company values.
- Ensure a functional risk management process is in place.
Formal Qualification: Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering.
Experience: 5 years minimum experience in CNC machining of composite materials.
- Extensive knowledge in machining and CNC programming.
- Expertise in metrology, equipment calibration and GD&T.
- Demonstrated knowledge of composite components manufacturing.
- Basic ability in Catia, Rhino or another CAD software with the ability to generate 3D models and effective manufacturing drawings.
- Advanced ability in Autodesk PowerMill or other CAM software with the ability of developing or editing NC post-processors.
- Basic knowledge in C++ or Python programming languages.
- Demonstrated track record of introduction of innovative new processes and methods.
- Implementation of lean manufacturing techniques.
- Proven experience leading technical teams.
- Experience working in multicultural and cross-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent command of English language
If this opportunity sounds of interest please click to apply.