VHR are looking for Operation Controllers for a permanent contract based in the UK.
Working at the very core or the business in a 24/7 Operations Control Centre in the UK you will be responsible for the safe and efficient dispatch, flight monitoring and proactive management of daily flight schedules across the globe.
You will play a critical role in the efficient processing and planning of Company aircraft operations in accordance with statutory requirements and Company policy as defined in the Operations Manual, utilising the manuals and publications within the Company’s operations library:
- UK Air Pilot
- AIC (Aeronautical Information Circulars)
- ANO (Air Navigation Orders) and Regulations
- Company Operations Manuals
- Aeronautical Charts
Assisting the Operations Supervisor and Duty Operations Manager with the day-to-day running of the Ground Operations Department.
Assisting the Operations managerial team with activating Operational Procedures, for example, Emergency Response Plans, Flight Watch and Overdue Aircraft Programmes where applicable. These procedures form part of the Company’s Safety and Quality Management Manual.
Close liaison as required with the Engineering Department and maintenance organisations regarding aircraft serviceability.
Processing pilot duty and rest records in accordance with instructions as defined in the Operations Manual and Operations Procedure Manual.
Preparation and monitoring the validity of operations with regards to:
- Crew flight briefs
- Operational Flight plans, including airfield performance and airfield categorisation
- Flight Time Limitations (FTL) schemes
- Ground Handling services and arrangements
- Overflight and Landing Permits
- Flight watch of active company flights
Actioning FTL compliance by implementation of daily crew duty checks and entry of planned pilot movements onto the myairops flight aviation software system.
Skills and Experience
- Proven flight planning and operational experience, ideally gained within a Business Aviation environment
- Sound knowledge and understanding on national and international aviation regulations and the effect on day-to-day operational requirements
- Recent experience in a similar role within a similar organisation, together with the ability to deal with complex operational issues inherent to a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a range of audiences, including senior management, board members and VVIP clients
- Experience of forming and maintaining working relationships across professional and operational boundaries
- Experience of working in teams, including influencing colleagues into delivering consistently high standards
- Experience of continued personal development, including ongoing training and mentoring to promote a cohesive team atmosphere and enjoyable working conditions
- Experience of Microsoft Office Suite and Jeppesen / PPS flight planning products
- Enthusiasm for continually seeking better performance from leading by example.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Patience and ability to deal with challenges and a constantly changing work environment, whilst at the same time maintaining the highest standards within your team.
- Excellent customer service standards.
This is a permanent, full-time position, based at Farnborough Airport – and the successful applicant will be required to work 12 hour shifts including days, nights, weekends and public holidays and as such, should live within a suitable distance to ensure they are sufficiently rested for their duties. All staff must hold a valid UK driving licence and own their own vehicle.
Benefits: Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Travel Insurance
If you are interested in this role, please click APPLY NOW or send your CV to Rebecca.Giuliani@v-hr.com!