SALARY AND PACKAGE TO BE DISCUSSED UPON APPLICATION.
- VHR are currently recruiting for a Head of Vehicle Dynamics for one of our F1 clients.The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading the Vehicle Dynamics team with the target of developing the understanding of chassis dynamics and guide the development and design for optimum car performance.
- Administration and management of the Vehicle Dynamics group.
- Management and delivery of all departmental testing, modelling & analysis activities.
- Management of simulator, dyno and rig test activities for vehicle performance optimization.
Operation room (remote garage) leadership role and specific vehicle dynamics support during race, tests and simulator events.
- Work in a professional manner at all times regardless of the task set and be pro-active in promoting a positive image for the department / team/ sponsors.
Candidate Essentials and competencies
- Proven competences in vehicle dynamics associated with a professional motor racing constructor preferably within the F1 environment and familiarity with the management and development of such a group.
- An understanding of power unit optimization and formulation of models using dyno and track data.
- An understanding of brake system physics and optimization including interaction with brake-by-wire system.
- An understanding of suspension definition and optimization including ride performance, interaction with vehicle platform control and balance and tyre optimization.
- Experience in analysing competition vehicle performance.
- Experience of analysis tool and model development using Dymola & Matlab / Simulink.
- Experience of simulator, dyno and test rig activity.
- Ability to work with the team, external groups and colleagues.
- A competitive salary.
- The opportunity to work with a world renowned F1 team.
- Great Company benefits – Annual leave entitlement, pension and career progression.
If interested please apply now!