VHR are currently looking for a permanent Group Compliance and Quality Assurance Manager to work with one of our aviation clients based at Heathrow.
The company solely focus on the aerospace market and provide logistics solutions for the management of aerospace components, their services include; 24/7 AOG logistics, freight management, warehousing and inventory management and International trade compliance.
The purpose of the role is to manage compliance across the group regarding both regulatory requirements and best practices (ISO9001 and 9120). The activity will support the operating entities to drive operational capability through process, training and use of technology which will help business service delivery to underpin the company’s ambitious growth plans
This is a new position within the company so the ideal candidate will be expected to proactively develop the scope of the role in leading and initiating developments across the company’s operational activities
Compliance and Risk Management
- Ensure that the region meets all Statutory Requirements for the Aviation industry.
- Responsibility and oversight of corporate compliance, quality and HSE.
- Development and management of the Annual Risk Based Audit Plan to satisfy compliance against all relevant Regulatory and Industry Standards. Ensure the effective management of Non-conformances raised from Audit to ensure effective remedial action within agreed timeframes.
- Oversight of regulatory filings to government bodies (i.e. HMRC, Census Bureau, AES)
- Perform internal audits on HSE, quality and QMS
- Monitor and report breaches
- Delivering and presenting a monthly report to the Executive Team
- Identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks (defined in ISO 31000) as the effect of uncertainty on objectives.
- A coordinated and economical application of resources to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of unfortunate events or to maximize the realization of opportunities.
- To assure uncertainty does not deflect the endeavour from the business goals.
QMS (ISO9001 / 9120)
- Develop the Group QMS and complete the final stages of UKAS accreditation.
- Documentation of policy and key procedures.
- Responsibility and oversight for continues ISO accreditation across the Group.
Trade Customs Compliance (EMEA)
- Working with the Customer Solutions team to support clients with customs compliance advice by providing practical solutions within the regulatory framework.
- Provide training directly or indirectly to up skill staff on regulatory compliance (re export licenses, permits, certifications etc)
Technical Assurance and Process
- Ensures managers and staff receive the communication and instructions needed to act in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Provide a “ask the expert technical forum” through which staff can learn and develop.
- Effectively communicate on performance to the senior management team, identifying areas of success and potential improvement.
- Drive an operational process excellence mindset across the operations team where process optimization, continual improvement and productivity are vital.
- Overall responsibility for new processes and changes to existing process designs in line with group methodology.
- Reduce the cost to serve whilst increasing scale/capacity.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Business Leader
- Technically strong (AEO, Union Customs code, Customs IT systems, guarantees, special projects)
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise as well as focus on the detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of Industry Standards – ISO 9001, AS9100
Qualifications and Experience - Essential
- Lead Auditor Qualification – ISO 9001 or suitable equivalent.
- Experience in Safety Management System management within an aviation or engineering environment.
- Experience in Quality Management System management within an aviation environment.
- Proven experience in Operational leadership roles within logistics/air freight industry
- Experience of leading change management including cultural change
- Degree calibre or equivalent
- Proven negotiation experience at a senior commercial level
- Sound IT skills including project management software is an advantage