VHR are looking for an Engineering Resource Manager to work alongside our Part 145 (Maintenance) and Part 21 (Design) organisations to drive resource efficiency and loading across our business.
You will be responsible for owning the resourcing for around 100-150 engineers across the UK, ME, and HK.
If you have experience in areas like Business Operations, Resource Management or PMO, enjoy analysing data and trends and are also capable of forging and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders, this could be the role for you. Experience in either Engineering / Aviation or Professional Services roles would be highly beneficial.
The key criteria to succeed in this role are the following; even if you feel like you meet most but not all of the criteria, please feel free to apply:
- Experience in an engineering, operations or consulting environment, with notable experience managing senior stakeholders
- Solid understanding of all operational aspects of resourcing a professional services / engineering business including experience of recruitment and capacity forecasting
- Demonstrable experience of resource management or operations
- Experience of being able to liaise with a number of senior stakeholders
- Flexible, including a willingness to travel offsite including all offices as required
- Manage resourcing within the Service Line, ensuring escalations are handled appropriately, making priority calls where needed
- Track staff utilisation initiating corrective action with Senior Engineers and Delivery staff
- Manage and control staff availability while minimising downtime
- Forecasting and agreeing holiday to best balance the resourcing needs of the business
- Support recruitment, working closely with the Recruitment team to meet demand
- Agree resource plans/strategy for all approved bids
- Enable our organisation to develop and implement medium to long-term staffing strategies, including upskilling plans
- Continuous improvement of resourcing processes
What to expect:
This is a key function for the smooth running of our maturing business. In this role, you will be at the centre of an exciting, but demanding engineering business, having to liaise with engineers, HR, senior stakeholders and administrators.
You will be supporting the Technical Director in ensuring the efficient day-to-day running of the Service Line and reporting of appropriate activities, as well as the Managing Director, and Head of Delivery as required.
Experience of resourcing tools / regimes / methodologies would be helpful. Use of MS Excel is necessary.
If you would like some more information, or to apply directly, please click Apply Now! or email Rebecca.Giuliani@v-hr.com.