Role: Engineering Manager (New Product Development)
VHR’s client is one of the largest manufacturers of commercial and construction machinery in Europe. They specialise in compact, low weight articulating booms that offer maximum performance with minimal environmental impact. Using advanced 3D modelling software, they produce and manufacture some of the most cutting-edge products available on the market today.
Structure and lead the Engineering / New Product Development team. Setting and managing objectives of the team and individuals, including support and training. Implementation of the overall and local business strategy to meet the development / improvement manufacturing requirements of the business. Identifying and implementing new technologies and new processes, deploying proven methodologies for the verification of product.
- Manage, mentor and coach the Engineering and NPD Team
- Deliver business strategy for new chassis fabrications to be prototyped
- Evaluate Designs for manufacture
- Prioritise product development for the redesign of jigs and fixtures outlined in the business strategy
- Manage the overall New Product Introduction Process, providing project by project objectives to effectively manage the team output to meet targets and design brief
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Engineering Management/ Engineering Project Management
- 2D/3D CAD user experience (ideally Creo Elements/Pro 5.0, AutoCAD 2D and Windchill PDMLink10.0.
- Experience of Robotics and/or other Automated manufacturing methods
- Jigs/Fixture design experience, preferably within Fabrication and/or Automation
- Process research and development within a manufacturing environment
If you are interested in this position and/or require further information, please apply now or send your CV to email@example.com