VHR has an exciting permanent opportunity for a technical sales engineer to work with one of our aerospace clients in Holzwickede, Germany.
The company specialises in test equipment within the aerospace market. The Sales Manager will join the Aviation Division of the Group, supplying world-leading aviation players with test equipment covering their German customer base. Territory may expend depending on results and opportunities.
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for gaining new customers as well as maintaining the current customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their requirements. This should result in a pro-active approach allowing you to optimize sales in your territory.
Previous sales experience is not necessary as full training will be given, ideally, we need engineers from the aerospace industry who have worked in a maintenance organisation with a good understanding of avionics/electrics and/or mechanics.
Due to the nature of this role, military security clearance will be required and thus you must hold a Germany passport in order to apply.
• Be in charge of developing sales in his region
• Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their requirement
• Market coverage: GERMANY- AUSTRIA- BELGIUM – THE NETHERLANDS – Civil & Military
• Customer profile: Original Equipment Manufacturer, Maintenance Repair & Overhaul facilities, Airlines, and Operators
• Successfully manage sales projects from lead until delivery on site
• Ensure a pro-active customer approach is maintained
• Perform equipment demonstration to customers
• Organize and attend exhibitions/marketing events
• Identify opportunities for new equipment development, building up straight forward business cases to support new development, identifying and controlling risk and ensuring adequate returns for German operations activity
• Report to Director of sales (EMEA) at headquarter
• Maintain sales databases by inputting collected data and producing visit reports to management
• Take lead/Offer support on specific ad-hoc projects such as tenders
• Prepare sales budget and participate in sales meetings / days
The ideal Sales Engineer will have the following:
• Technical knowledge of Test equipment is a plus (with Avionics and Electrical knowledge)
• Working knowledge of aviation industry (minimum 2/3 years’ experience)
• OEMs/MROs/Airlines sales experience
• Strong commercial acumen
• Relationship management up to a good level
• Ability to plan, develop and execute multiple concurrent projects
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to develop 'partnership' relationships with customers
• Flexible to work in an international environment
• German native speaker, fluent in English – another language is a plus
• No restriction to travel in-country and abroad
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite
In order to apply for this role you must hold the right to live and work in Germany and be happy with frequent travel
Salary and benefits
Depending on experience
Commission/Bonus structure- €5-10k per year