Want to work in a country that’s full of history, diverse geography and cultures? Here’s our Guide to Working in Spain.
Accommodation – How Much Does It Cost to Live in Spain?
The cost of living in Spain will vary across areas of the country, for example between the capital Madrid and Barcelona, and between cities, suburbs and villages. However, here are the average rents and bills to help you plan your budget:
· Single/Couple Rent in Barcelona – One month’s rent for a one-bedroom apartment in Barcelona would cost around 704,05€
· Single/Couple Rent in Madrid – One month's rent for a one-bedroom apartment in Madrid suburbs would be 713,20€
· Monthly Utility Bill for Barcelona – Utilities for one month for 2 people in an 85m2 flat in Barcelona would cost around 133,75€.
· Monthly Utility Bill for Madrid – Utilities for one month for 2 people in an 85m2 flat in Madrid would cost around 142,27€.
Spanish Transport – How to Get Around in Spain
There are excellent bus (autobús) services in all major cities and towns in Spain and comprehensive long-distance 'coach' (autocar) services between major cities. Buses are the cheapest and most common form of public transport in Spain and most coastal towns and villages are accessible by bus.
Underground railway systems (metros) provide transport in large Spanish cities including Madrid, Barcelona, Malaga, Seville, Bilbao and Valencia, and tickets and passes enable travel on all modes of public transport including metro, bus and train services.
Why You Should Live in Spain – Things to do in Spain
· Visit La Sagrada Familia – Antoni Gaudí's renowned unfinished church, started in the 1880s, with museum and city views.
· See the beautiful UNESCO-listed Park Güell – North of Gràcia, Güell is where famous architect Antoni Gaudí turned his hand to landscape gardening.
· Explore the Museo del Prado, one of the world's best art galleries. More than 7,000 paintings are held in the Museo del Prado’s collection.
· Admire the amazing Alhambra in Granada.
· Walk fearless along the Caminito del Rey in Málaga.
Want to Know More about Living and Working in Spain?
Download our free Guide to Working in Spain and discover:
· Culture – Explore Spain’s rich history, variety of cultures and beautiful landscapes
· Working Culture, Pensions and Tax – Everything you need to know about money matters
· Language – How to say ‘hello’, ‘thank you’ and useful phrases in Spanish.
Download our Guide to Working in Spain.