Want to work in a country that’s full of history, culture and amazing travel opportunities? Here’s our Guide to Working in France.
Accommodation – How Much Does It Cost to Live in France?
The cost of living in France will vary across areas of the country. However, here are the average rents and bills to help you plan your budget:
· Studio Accommodation – One month’s rent for a one-bedroom apartment in Paris would be between €795 - €1095.
· One-Bedroom Apartment – One month's rent for a one-bedroom apartment in France across other big cities would be between €450 - €600.
· Monthly Utility Bill for Paris – Utilities for one month for 2 people in a 85m2 flat in Paris will cost around €178.
· Monthly Utility Bill for Wider France– Utilities for one month for 2 people in 85m2 flat in other big cities will cost around €134.
Transport – How Can You Get Around in France?
Transportation in France relies on one of the densest networks in the world, with 146km of road and 6.2 km of rail lines per 100 km2. The country is built as a web with Paris at its centre. Rail, road, air and water are all widely developed forms of transportation in France.
In most, if not all, French cities, urban bus services are provided at a flat-rate charge for individual journeys. Many cities have bus services that operate well out into the suburbs or even the country. Fares are normally cheap, but rural services can be limited, especially on weekends.
Working in France offers the opportunity to visit other incredible European countries, which include:
· Spain – From incredible landscapes and beaches, to world-famous cuisine and rich history, Spain has it all.
· Italy – Travel to Italy to discover spectacular cities, ancient ruins, wonderful museums, soaring mountains, great beaches and beautiful natural scenery.
· Monaco – Monaco is a very small country but with a rich history and beautiful landscapes worth visiting.
· Belgium – The place to be for any beer or chocolate lover.
Want to Know More?
Download our free Guide to Working in France and discover:
· Culture – Learn about France’s long history and local culture
· Pensions and Tax – Everything you need to know about money matters
· Language – How to say ‘hello’, ‘thank you’ and many useful French phrases