Want to work in a country that’s known for luxury and plenty of job opportunities? Here’s our Guide to Working in Dubai.
Accommodation – How Much Does It Cost to Live in Dubai?
As one of seven Emirates in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the city is known for modern architecture, luxurious lifestyles and an exciting nightlife.
Out of a population of 9.2 million people, expats make up 7.8 million, with Emirati Nationals constituting 1.4 million. The UAE experiences significant labour shortages due to its population size and can therefore offer new and exciting job opportunities.
The cost of living in Dubai will vary across the city. However, here are the average rents and bills to help you plan your budget:
· Studio Apartment Accommodation – One month’s rent for a one-bedroom apartment in the city centre would be 6,078.71 AED (£1,312.47).
· Suburban Accommodation – One month's rent for a one-bedroom apartment in the city’s suburbs would cost around 4,053.36 AED (£875.17).
· Monthly Utility Bill – Utilities for one month for 2 people in an 85m2 flat will cost around 641.97 AED (£138.61).
Transport – How Can You Get Around in Dubai?
The city’s public transport system provides buses, water buses, monorails, trams and the metro.
The Dubai metro is considered as one of the most modern and cost-effective public transport systems in the world. The Green line has 20 stops running from the Etisalat region to Dubai Creek and the Red line has 28 stops running between Al Rashidiya and the UAE Exchange.
Working in the UAE offers the opportunity to visit other incredible countries around Asia, which include:
· The Six Other Emirates – Explore less well-known but equally stunning Emirates, including the heritage of the capital Sharjah, the beaches and mountains of Fujairah and the protected countryside of Umm Al Quwain.
· Saudi Arabia – Visit the birthplace and spiritual home of Islam and explore the country’s vast deserts.
· Egypt – Experience historical world wonders like the River Nile and the Pyramids.
Want to Know More?
Download our free Guide to Working in Dubai and discover:
· Opportunities – The best things to do in the UAE and everything the country has to offer
· Pensions and Tax – Everything you need to know about living and working in the UAE
· Language – How to say ‘hello’, ‘thank you’ and a range of useful phrases
Download our Guide to Working in Dubai